Receiving an autistic diagnostic for your child can be scary or confusing. We don’t grow up being told how to interact with autistic people, let alone parent them. At the same time, children will continue to grow up rapidly, learning about the world, and being confused as well. Although there is work that only professionals can do, there are fundamental notions that can help your child as well as yourself.
In this course, there are three main sections, which consist of:
- Emotions: This part will deal with everything related to the emotional side. It will include strategies and tips on how to manage and help develop their feelings.
- Eating: Eating is frequently a problem among autistic children. The section will explore the consequences of those problems, as well as several approaches to create a healthy diet.
- Case studies: There will be two examples of autistic children and the recommended approach to each case. The course will finish with an outline of trusted resources.
During this course, you can expect to learn:
- How to understand the emotional patterns of your child
- Why your child might be throwing tantrums or crying
- How to teach emotional labeling
- Zones of Regulation
- Common problems and solutions to eating problems
- How to introduce new food